Re: [Harp-L] Mark Hummels Blues Harmonica Blowout

Hey Joe, good to hear from you. And coming from one of the masters, that's a real compliment.....but we be talkin' the blues here. And these guys can play.
Check them out when they're in your neck of the woods. They made me wishing I had those kinds of licks.

From: "joe leone" <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:57 PM
To: "Steve Malerbi" <harpsurgeon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Harp L Harp L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Mark Hummels Blues Harmonica Blowout

I would rather listen to YOU. They may be good blues man but for jazz....YOU da man!

On Jan 16, 2011, at 3:29 PM, Steve Malerbi wrote:

To all:

If you haven't been to one of the shows on Mark's Blowout Tour and are close enough to go, stop what you're doing, and get on down. This is an assemblage of the top blues harmonica players on the scene today.

Mark put together a show with a diversity that was well crafted and worked perfectly. With his job as producer and MC, it's easy to overlook just how good a player Mark is in the genre. All of the players on this bill were amazing. I know that if Little Walter and George Smith were with us and able to be at the show, they'd be giving Mark, Billy, Rod, Carlos and Sugar a standing ovation for what these guys have contributed and where they've taken it.

Yes, with this number of players there's a lot to fit in in an hour and half show. But that's the beauty of it. You get a snippet of what each one of these cats can do. And with Marks slammin' rhythm section, Chris, RW, Rusty and Marty, it's an hour and a half of the best of the best. It'll make you want to be sure you take in each and every one of these guys when they come to town as a solo act.

I was lucky enough to be able to spend quite a bit of time backstage with everyone, and I'm here to tell you that these guys (and gals) are like one big family. To hear the stories and see how all they all interact is a real treat in itself. There's no egos or issues. They joke and jab have a blast. It's a bunch of talented musicians who come together to do what they do best. Entertain and play.

If you can get to one of the remaining shows, just do it. Then sit back, relax, and enjoy some of the finest blues harp music you'll ever hear.

All the best !!

Steve Malerbi