Re: [Harp-L] Doucette mic.....

Just happened across a short article about Thom in a mag called HIttin The Note. Two pics and he's using a 545 like Butterfield's.

At 11:11 PM 1/12/2011, tomsmics wrote:
In the late sixties, when I was going to college in South Carolina, I played in a band; out drummer had played for a year or so with Greg and Duane in the Allman Joys in Daytona Beach. At the time they were the "house band" at a variety of clubs in Atlanta, and opened for everyone at Piedmont Park for outdoor shows. We would go down almost every week to hear them. I also knew Barry Oakley--he had dated my next door neighbor for a while when the Allmans and Betts & Co. were jamming and living in Jacksonville, just before they launched the Allman Brothers Band.

Spent a lot of time hanging with those guys, and I can guarantee you that when Doucette was with them he was playing a 545. I don't think I ever saw him with a bullet.

Those were some incredible times with a lot of incredible music. So many memories.....Tom Ellis/Tom's Mics

-- Gary "Indiana" Warren

"The important thing is not to stop questioning."
Albert Einstein