From: "Poirier, Guillaume" <Guillaume.Poirier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 18:30:30
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx<harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] First chromatic harmonica

Hello Harp-l !

I am an intermediate diatonic player that is looking to buy his first chromatic and hopefully learn some blues and jazz with it. This may be an already much discussed topic so feel free to point me to older relevant threads if need be. There are so many models and it is difficult to chose... I'd like to know which key is recommended, how many holes, and I am looking to pay a maximum of 200$.

Here are some models that fit my budget:

- Seydel Chromatic Standard Harmonica<proddetail.asp?prod=50480&cat=173>
- Seydel Chromatic Deluxe Classic Harmonica<proddetail.asp?prod=51480&cat=173>
- Suzuki Chromatix SCX48 Chromatic Harmonica<proddetail.asp?prod=SCX48>
- Suzuki Chromatix SCX56 Harmonica<proddetail.asp?prod=SCX56>
- Suzuki Chromatix SCX64 16H/64Rd Harmonica<proddetail.asp?prod=SCX64>
- Hohner Slide Harp
- Hohner Koch
- Hohner 260 Chromonica Harmonica<https://owa.nrc.ca/owa/proddetail.asp?prod=260>
- Hohner 270 Chromonica Harmonica<https://owa.nrc.ca/owa/proddetail.asp?prod=270>
- Hohner "Larry Adler" Chromatic Harmonica<proddetail.asp?prod=7534C>
- Hohner CX12 Chromatic Harmonica<proddetail.asp?prod=7545C>
- Hohner 270 "Super Chromonica Deluxe" Harmonica<proddetail.asp?prod=7540C>

What do you recommend ?

Many thanks !

guillaume