RE: [Harp-L] learning to be your own customizer

Boy.. I have had nothing but good things to say about Sp20s over the past 2-3 years. They are very good out of the box and most don't need much tweaking at all to make them play well. They last me a long time. I also like the Bushman Delta Frost, but it tends to bend just a little stiffer on holes 2 and 3, in my opinion.
As far as someone said about Hohner making reed plates available as a remedy? It was my understanding that Hohner made Sp20 reed plates available because there was enough demand from people like me who want to work on their own harps. But if you are not able to make them play like you wish, or if they blow out too soon, that might be as much personal issues as manufacturer.
Believe me, these harps and so much better than what Hohner was putting out back in the 80s and 90s.

Steve Webb in Minn. where the temp is 2 above and the wind is still blowing.