Re: [Harp-L] Toots' Formula - transcription & analysis

Hi,

I haven't planned to analyze Toots' playing from this perspective yet, simply because it never became apparent to me that such a thing is an important ingredient of his playing. BUT, I'll go and listen again from this perspective! So to answer your question; I don't know yet ... ;-)

But I do know that this solo is a great example for Toots' formula concerning phrasing, note choice, using the upper-structures of the harmonies and utilizing what's offered naturally by the solo tuned chromatic harmonica (he's a genius to that concern).

I'm very interested to here if you have any personal thoughts on what you call "rhythmically intricate phrases".

Kind regards,

Wim