[Harp-L] What is SPAH to me

While comunicating with Jimi Lee I mentioned I get to Texas once in a while
and would plan on coming to listen to him in  Austin. Having played campfire
tunes for a year I was looking for more of a challenge. Jimi suggested I
join SPAH and go to the convention in Minnesota since it was a lot closer.
While there I jamed with Buzz Krantz and Michael Rubin, played Chris
Michalek's personal custom harmonica at the teachin. Sat in a small group
with Steve Baker, another group with Michael Peloquin and then James Conway.
Spoke breifly with Paul Davies, Winslow and Warren. Sat in a seminar with
Phil  Caltabellota. Of course saw Joe Filisco, Eric Noden and Howard Levy up
close and in person. Watched Al Smith up close.. Talked to Brad Harrison
about my soon to be delivered B' Radical Harmonica. I could have spent ten
years and thousands of dollars in travel but this was all in  two days.
Everyone was a gentleman, everyone was thoughtful and supportive. Also met
some of the up and coming young guns. I have socks older than most of them.
This is just off the top of my head and doesn't begin to explain my
experience at SPAH 2010. What great and talented people!