[Harp-L] Volume Control Modification ( Made Easy )

Steve Warner writes: "The VC is always after the transformer for proper operation."

I like using lo-z mics and I play them through an IMT when I go into an amp. My lo-z 545 Ultimates have an integral VC which works just fine before the transformer. The transformer is at the end of the XLR cord, last in line before the amp (or before the pedal board if I'm using effects).

Before I started using 545 Ultimates, i used lo-z EV RE 15s and sometimes I'd put an in line VC on the mic. Again, when i went into an amp using an IMT at the end of the XLR cord, there were no problems with the VC being before the transformer.

I'm not a bullet mic guy, so i have more than casual experience using lo-z mics with IMTs. I've never had a problem putting a VC BEFORE the transformer.

FWIW,

JP