  From: Steve Baker
  To: James
  Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:45 PM
  Subject: Re: Filisko harps

  I don't want to dampen your spirits, but I suspect Joe would be unlikely to make you an instrument unless you know him personally and he likes you, or are a player whose work he admires. He builds instruments only for pro or gifted amateur players and has a very long waiting list. Basically the guy invented commercial harmonica customizing and the instruments are on allocation only. There are other customizers making good instruments but most of them have more work than time so you'll need to be prepared to wait.

  The harps are brilliant but you need to adjust your playing to avoid trashing them as they are so much more responsive. I broke quite a few when I first started playing customs. The difference to out of the box instruments is so great that playing them next to one another can be problematic. Try a Marine Band Crossover, that's what I use 90% of the time. It's a lot cheaper and the best OOTB harp on the market

  Steve Baker
  www.stevebaker.de
  www.bluesculture.com

  =======