Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 15:38:59 -0700
From: Robert Hale <ynfdwas@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] OT: music that sounds good in only one key
To: harp-L list <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Off Topic

A fine piano player acquaintance declined to transpose my song to new
key because he believed it could not sound "right". The new key would be
harsh and intolerable. He was entirely capable of transposing instantly.

He wasn't referring to the familiar key of the original, nor the
vocalist's range. There was something absolute about certain keys to
him.

What is the basis for this belief in certain frequencies and keys?
(please, no dismissive responses) Give me keywords and I will do the
homework.
Thanks, all.

(Let me know if there's another forum better suited to this question)

Robert Hale
*http://www.dukeofwail.com*
*
*