[Harp-L] Reading Sheet Music

Dr. Michael J. Marino, DC writes: "you simply play the notes as written."

I can't sight read and I have no formal music training. But, I've worked from sheet music often enough to have learned that while the NOTES may be accurately spelled out, most popular music (as opposed to classical) is not played precisely as written. There's another aspect or dimension to actual performance of most popular pieces. I am not a good enough musician to be able to explain what I'm referring to, but in my limited experience, working from sheet music is not just connecting the dots.

JP