Re: [Harp-L] Re: AAaaarrrgh! - P 255!!!!! *UPDATE*

46long Blake <wrote:
<So I hooked up my harp mic through the rp255 into my son's amp today. It
<worked perfectly. This tells me that the problem is in playing through a PA
<
<My musical partner-in-crime glibly says, "I told you, that thing is designed
<to drive an amp - not a PA."

Your partner-in-crime is mistaken.  First, a PA IS an amplifier.  It's an amp that's designed to take an input signal and make it louder with minimum added coloration.  So it is in fact an ideal amp for an amp modeling device.

<So, anyhow, I need to take a closer look at how I hook it up to the PA, and
<see if it's possible to remedy this problem.  I'll happily take any advice.
<As usual, Richard's being very helpful with this. I'm just looking for other
<people with experience with this sort of thing.   Is there anyone out there who uses the 255 into a <PA?  I'm worried that the 355 works, but not the 255......if that makes any sense....

First, thanks!  I often run the RP355 into the RP255, and the 255 directly to the PA.  So again: the issue here is how you've set up the PA.  What's the make and model of the PA, by the way?

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick