Re: [Harp-L] Questing For a Basic Competency in Jazz

Conrad's book from Jazzwise:

http://jazzwise.com/conrad-cork-a-new-guide-to-harmony-with-legoar-bricks-2008-edition.html

John Elliot's book from Jazzwise:

http://jazzwise.com/john-elliott-insights-in-jazz.html

Jazzwise is in the UK, but I ordered from them with no problem.

I really liked getting the PDF download of John's book, because it is
searchable on the computer - and I think it's cheaper too, with no
worries about shipping, etc:

http://dropback.co.uk/overview.html

(Also check out John's podcasts.)

Conrad Cork's book has specifics, but is also very verbose, covering
many of his different philosophies.

John's book is incredibly well organized and practical, building on
Cork's "joins" and "bricks", but adding in a number of new "bricks".
It also has roadmaps/analysis of tons of tunes.

If it were me, I'd start with John's book and then get Conrad's if you
feel you need some more background or history.

Jason

--
http://myspace.com/jasonharmonica
http://lulu.com/primacy