[Harp-L] RE: ypical keys for blues

To bring this back to an answer for a newbee...

When I play along with my blues collection in my car my set of A, Bb, C, D,
F, and G harps cover 99% most of the my blues collection (3988 tracks). Most
of the time I use the C, A, or F harps (Tab Benoit plays a lot in C, I love
him) In second position that is the keys of G, E, or C. I would say if you
are going to have 3 harps with you have C, A and F or G. But then it all
depends of the band. I have used my Eb (2nd position key of Bb) when there
are horns and keys who have pull. But usually they are the most musically
trained and play in any key. Guitar players like to play in G, A, E and C
(C, D, A, F harmonicas). Drummers usually don't care what key you are in. So
my order in the end would be A, C, F, G, D, Bb, Eb, Low F, High G. So get
out there and buy some harps. Try a Manji, I love mine.

Derwood