Re: [Harp-L] Toots Blues with Les Thompson

On Feb 5, 2011, at 1:11 PM, michael rubin wrote:

By the way, the Thompson cuts are very good. Amazing. But not as attractive to me. Michael Rubin Michaelrubinharmonica.com

Since it's you writing Michael, I don't mind sticking my neck out and agreeing with you. Far be it from me to say anything negative at all about Les Thompson, ( a man whose shoes I wouldn't be qualified to shine, nor would I be allowed to sew a patch on the rear end of his worn blue jeans), but even though he has been a HUGE personage in my mind, he does have one small flaw. He never comes up for air. I prefer a player who modulates their: volume, tension, expectation, angst, emotion, joy, and about a dozen et ceteras. In other ways he starts and goes like a dragster. Too over whelming. But I like him anyway.

smokey joe