Re: [Harp-L] foot operated bass - PorchBoard

My initiation to harmonica was truly playing with John Frazer in a trio with
George York, a fellow who played Taurus Pedals (made by Moog) while playing
guitar.
We were called "The Bass Went Home", and had a steady gig in El Centro, two
hours east of San Diego (where we were from).
The first day we were to play, we pulled up to the hotel, and on the marquee
was an announcement, "Basement House".
Hmmm, that's interesting, we said.
Guess it lost something in translation.
Ah, show business . . .
John was nice enough to encourage me to play harmonica, and is still a
friend.
Although he has an instrument that lets out a death sound.
Regards,
Gary