Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic technique

Hi David

Multidimensional!! Careful. You could put an eye out with that.

Kid'n aside. I'm trying to get a sense of what is possible with respect
to this type of note transition on the chrom. Could I convince you, or
any other chrom player here, to try this phrase and tell me how well you
think you handled it at fast tempos? Here it is:

   -----3-----    -----3-----   repeat 5 times
  5Bo  4Di  5Bo  6Do  6Bi  6Do

The numbers indicate the hole, D = draw, B = blow, o = slide out and
i = slide in. The 3 above indicates that these are to played as 8th
note triplets. At what tempo does it start falling apart for you?

BTW the phrase may sound un-musical on a solo tuned chrom. I am not
playing a solo-tuned harp. Augmented tuning for me.

Cheers!

Daniel