Re: [Harp-L] Shakey Jake (was Willie Dixon "Spoonfull")

Hi Steve,

Before Bill signed with Alligator, he did several recordings for small L.A. labels. In '78 he guested on a Shakey Jake LP "Make It Good To You," and then did an LP of his own called "Hittin' Heavy" -- both of which were released on Shakey Jake's tiny Good Time Records label. I suspect what you heard probably came from this period.

cheers,
TB

.

Hey Tom, About 10+ years ago The Wagman played his usual 4 o'clock spotlight on William Clarke and one of the old songs he played from Clarke he mentions it was probbly Shakey Jake doing the vocals. Do you know anything about Shakey Jake doing this early stuff in Clarke's career?