RE: [Harp-L] RP355 Patches

"Peter S..." wrote:
<Thanks for your input.  So are you bypassing the amp altogether and using
<the RP directly into the PA or using a clean amp?  Maybe the Roland
<MicroCube _is_ a clean amp, I'm not familiar with it.

Direct into the PA or into a clean amp, like a keyboard amp, is the recommended approach for an amp modeler device like the RP355--or any other.  I happened to be looking at Boss's writeup on their FBM-1 Bassman modeling pedal the other day, and that's their recommendation too.

The Microcube is decent amp, and it's got a couple of settings that qualify as "clean."  But you're not going to get the full effect on an amp with a 5" speaker.  You really need a 10" speaker to hear the low-octave patches in all their glory.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick