[Harp-L] taste of tobacco

Hi. just bought a 12 hole chromatic off ebay in excellent condition but the previous owner was a smoker
the taste is so strong that I feel as though I could get throat cancer from playing it anybody offer a method of removing the smell and taste so I can start to learn how to play the instrument, this effect
is probably worsened by the fact that I have never smoked and the same applies to almost all my
friends so I am not around the smell of tobacco. Hope you can help ------- John