[Harp-L] Chromatic technique

I have been playing chromatic harmonica since April 2010. As I continue my
efforts to develop the speed and accuracy that I will need to play at
bluegrass jams I find that there is one particular type of action that
seems to be a speed development bottleneck for me. That action is one that
involves a simultaneous breath change and slide change. For example a
slide-out draw followed by a slide-in blow, or a slide-in draw followed by
a slide-out blow.

Your proficiency at accomplishing this action could be tested by playing
this simple action repeatedly with a metronome keeping time - increasing
the metronome rate until your technique shows flaws. What words of wisdom
do those of you that have mastered this type of action (say 8th notes at
greater than 220 bpm) have for this rookie?

Cheers