RE: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 100, Issue 34

The Iceman wrote:
> As to getting the rights to each song that a performer plays that is not an original, realistically this is also a non-concern unless someone makes such a big deal talking and agonizing about it that it pops up on someone's radar.
---I think playing someone else's tunes in a concert without playing royalties and recording [without permission]  the same for later resale or posting on a website are two very different animals ethically, and the latter could open SPAH to legal problems. Realistically this IS a concern. I would submit that an international organization, no matter how relatively small in the big scheme of things, is exactly the sort of thing that "pops up on someone's radar."
WVa Bob