Re: [Harp-L] Politics and Blues Harp

Full Disclosure: I am a progressive Democratic Party activist and a Wiccan. I suspect I am about the same age as Mr. Kumpke (~70). I suspect that we disagree about almost everything except our love for the harmonica and our disdain for politics in music.

While I find most right-wing and/or Christian music incredibly insulting and obnoxious, I find most left wing music incredibly insulting and unbearably sappy. I really am not interested in this stuff. It does not float my boat.

For entertainment, I prefer non-political blues with its combination of Christianity, sex, drugs and pagan magic. In the average blues performance (including mine,) there is something to offend everyone.

-LM