Re: [Harp-L] Gypsy Jazz Harmonica

Some background on the term can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsy_jazz

I think Reinhardt/Grappelli were inspired by Venuti/Lang, but they took it to a somewhat different place.

Harmonica content: I remember reading, I forget where, that when Larry Adler was asked to sit in at a Django gig, he told Django he didn't have his harmonica with him, and Django pulled a chromatic out of his pocket for Larry to play. I don't know how accurate that story is, but I would have enjoyed hearing Django play chromatic ;-).

- Slim.