[Harp-L] Tonight's the Night: Armando's Benefit

Tonight is the Armando's benefit at the club, 707 Marina Vista, Martinez,
CA. Bassist Jim Brunelle and I will join Scott O'Neill, Jon Burr, Finding
Fable, the Very Bad Boys and other performers in helping sustain Roy Jeans'
fabulous venue. 8-10 p.m., $20 donation.

Forgive me for "harping" on this but for local, suburban musicians (and
there are many) this provides a unique and supportive venue. Its loss would
be a small thing in the big world, but in the world of local musicians, it
would be a tragedy.

This was for three years the venue for SF Bay Harpers quarterly jams, and
is the venue for open mics, jam nights for blues, jazz and bluegrass
players, West Coast Songwriters contests, and other events.

Owner Roy Jeans, whose labor of love is Armando's, has also showcased many
well-known performers, including Mark Hummel, Tip of The Top, Maria
Muldaur, and Ron Thompson. Its open mics provide a venue for developing
artists as well as accomplished performers who are not yet well known.

I probably won't be playing harp but will be singing and accompanying
myself on autoharp. Martinez's own Danny White will be playing harp with
the Very Bad Boys, a rockin' blues group that always fills Armando's.

If you're in the area, don't miss it!

Happy Webtrails, Bob Loomis
Concord CA