[Harp-L] low note tuning problem

I am getting a one-of-a-kind honk noise when I play blow-draw quickly on
hole 2. Never heard this before. Can't see anything different about the
reeds. In this case it's a half-step interval in my spiral tuning. Low F
plates.

When sounded separately, each reed responds clean and fine. BUT when rapidly
going between blow and draw, it honks, chirps, (rattles?) as the Blow reed
starts. Almost as if the frequency of the new note is beating against the
trail of the preceding one. Just a momentary noise, not sustained. Does it
with covers off.

(I know, "Stop doing that.") Seriously, any ideas?

Robert Hale
Learn Harmonica by Webcam
Low Rates, High Success
http://www.youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL <http://www.youtube.com/user/DUKEofWAIL>