RE: [Harp-L] smaller kit

> From: robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I'm working toward a smaller kit that avoids some duplication.
>
> For example, LO Melody Maker and Natural Minor can do much of the same
> melodic work. The "major" sounding MM plays its relative minor, and the
> Natural Minor plays its relative major as well. (The compromise will be some
> of the full chords that each plays very well.)
>
> Currently my exploration is that Spiral seems to do BOTH MM and Nm very
> well! But I have to force myself to change old habits. I just want to avoid
> having a harp for "one tune" only.
>
> Robert Hale

Nice post Robert-

"want to avoid having a harp for "one tune" only."

This seems to be one of the less desirable aspects of the altered tuning mindset.
...and how the heck do those who do it catalog and choose what to use on the fly? My question comes from a free-lancer point of view.
I could imagine a 50 plus harmonica gig case without backup harps!

Michael Peloquin
The West Coast Harmonica Summit DVD has been released:

http://www.jazzharmonicasummit.com/

http://www.amazon.com/West-Coast-Jazz-Harmonica-Summit/dp/B003UL1BPY

It was an amazing night of harmonica, and now you can witness it even if you weren’t there! Buy your copy today!
http://harpsax.com