[Harp-L] PowerBender Owner Notes

A few items for those of you who've bought my own brand PowerBender featured
in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bZaJ2IXfZE

1. SPAH & BLOWSMEAWAY BUYERS
For those of you who bought a PowerBender from Greg Heumann at SPAH and
afterwards, I still owe you the promised Sweet Georgia Brown
tablature/notes. Please email me offlist to receive that:
bren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2. IMPROVING PERFORMANCE
As in any batch of harps of the same key/model, there are slight differences
in performance between individual harps. In the SGB tab notes I describe two
simple ways you can improve the response of your PowerBender. First remove
the coverplates, then:

A. Check the tightness of the reedplate screws. On some PowerBenders I have
found there can be an extra half turn you can put on the screws to tighten
the plates down more firmly to comb. That will make quite a difference if
the harp feels overly breathy.

B. Optimise the reed gaps for your style (especially the blow red gaps). The
way to do this is to minimise the reed gap until it's at the smallest where
the reed will still respond instantly to a strong breath.

There is more you can do in the way of slot embossing etc, but the two
simple tweaks described above will make a considerable improvement in
performance for only a couple of minutes effort.

Regards,

Brendan Power
WEBSITE: http://www.brendan-power.com
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/BrendanPowerMusic