[Harp-L] Tuning the wrong reed- some tips

Hi All
I also have tuned the wrong reed. Any one can make that error, so don't feel too bad if you do that also.

Here are some tips that may help:
using a fine point indelible marker write the tuning pitch of each reed along side the reed slot concerned, the first time you open it up to set the instrument up the way you like it. If you don't do your own tuning & set-ups then don't take the cover plates off at all.

when tuning your reeds you may find that temporary holding the harp together using 'Bulldog clips 'at each end saves a lot of time when hearing the pitch of a reed with the cover plates on before finally reassembling.

yours David

--
D Priestley AKA Dr Midnight.
England's first  harmonica Guru.

Do feel free get in touch.
Harmonica lessons POA,(10 = 20% discount,&  20 = 25% discount).

I teach from: 51 Barkston Gdns, the basement flat&  On-Line,
Email me or call me to book lessons or get more info.

E-mail= dmharpman@xxxxxxxxx
Website= http://www.cognitionarts.com/
Phone=(44) 0207 373 0295