[Harp-L] "In Peace at hunterharp.com: sweet, sweet, sweet

âIn Peaceâ is a simple song with a beautiful sound: two Melody Maker harmonicas overlaid via loop recording, both played through a Fireball V mic into a Digitech RP355 running my FBAROT patch, which consists of a Bassman amp model with a rotating speaker effect. I recorded the parts on the Digitech JamMan Solo looper (which is a great device for improvising new ideas and grooves), exported the loop to a WAV file, and brought the WAV file into Cakewalk Sonar for editing. I added EQ and reverb in the editing process, because by then I had decided that I was going for a beautiful composition, not a literal performance.

http://www.hunterharp.com/in-peace/

I think this piece, short and simple as it is, reveals an aspect of the Digitech RPs thatâs easy to miss: it can make very beautiful sounds as well as tough sounds and weird sounds. It can make a lot of different sounds. Itâs really nice to have a piece of gear that can make so many sounds, especially when itâs small, lightweight, stage-ready, and inexpensive.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick