Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:53:48 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
From: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Effects Pedals: Any experience w. Boss Rotary or
Eventide Time Factor?
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

"Steve Russonello" wrote:
<After years of playing 'clean', with a Beta 58 through the house, or with a Rivera tube amp, I have started <using some pedals.
<
<To that end, I am grateful to the big contributions from Richard Hunter and others on the universe of digital <effects.
<I have learned alot from the occassional 'forum' on these pages concerning amps and effects.
<
<My aim now is this : a variety of reverb and delay options, plus like many I crave getting that Leslie sound. ( <I even play with a guy who has a B3 but the live opportunities are few with the beast).
<
<My question is this: I am wondering about 2 pieces of hardware, which seem brilliant with the guitar, and I am <wondering if anyone has had experience with them with harmonicas? <
<
<For the Leslie effect, that would be the BOSS RT-20 Rotary Sound Processor, and for a myriad of delay effects, <the Eventide Time Factor. Also wondering if anyone has used other Eventide pedals, successfully or <problematically?

You've read my posts, so you know what I think.  For the Leslie sound in particular, I urge you to consider a Digitech RP pedal, because a) the rotary sound is quite convincing and b) you get so much more for the money with it.  Check out "It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It takes a train to Cry" at http://hunterharp.com, and tell me whether the leslie emulation on that recording doesn't make the grade.

You're obviously looking at high-end gear, and nobody ever regretted buying an Eventide processor, so have fun and make sure to post some clips!

Check harmony-central.com for user comments on the Boss pedal.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com