From: Richard Williger <rlwilliger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] French Music Stores
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

I just returned from a great trip to Paris, France. While there, I made it my business to locate and look at any local music store I found. After asking around, and checking the internet, how many music stores (dedicated to musical instruments, not to sheet music and/or recordings) did I find? Zero. Was I just not looking in the right places? I asked at local stores, and nobody knew anything.
I also was surprised to find a significant dearth of street musicians in Monmartre, and in Le Metro.
What happened to the Paris I used to know?