RE: [Harp-L] French Music Stores

Paris is not what it used to be concerning music, for sure. But one also
have to know that august is the worst period in the year to get activities
in Paris.
All Parisians are on vacation elsewhere, a lot of stores & restaurants &
bars are closed, most of music places are closed or get the bands which
didn't find any date in the numerous music festival all around France, which
is not a good sign at all.
By the way, music stores in Paris are most of the time dedicated to one
instrument, or one category of instrument.
Quite a lot of music stores are located around Pigalle (but much fewer than
in the past, renting a store being far too expensive in Paris).
You can also find a lot of "luthier" (the guys who create guitars or
violins) rue de Rome, as well as few other music stores.
One store makes a lot of efforts to be specialized in saxophones and
harmonicas, it is called : Major Pigalle.
The owner is a great guy.

I hope you had a great time anyway :-)

Best regards,

Jerome