[Harp-L] Re: '79/early Princeton or VHT Special 6?

I own and have modified both a silver face PR and VHT Spec 6.
Both amps need some modifications to be really good for harmonica.
The VHT is better sounding amp, unmodified. The PR is better after the
mods, which in mine include a mid control, phase inverter mod and
master volume.  I like the reverb on the PR.  The VHT mods are simpler
easier to do.  A PR should maintain resale value.  A 2 x 8 cab has
limited appeal at resale.  A VHT combo makes more sense to me than a
head with 2 x 8 cab.

Jim R