[Harp-L] Re: '79/early Princeton or VHT Special 6?

I think a Princeton Reverb would be louder assuming it is in good
shape and has an efficient speaker. Being push-pull, it would have
more cut if you aren't micing.  That being said, I OFTEN use a VHT
miked with a four piece rock band.  I own the PA, so I can obviously
get it right in the mix.

If I had to go unmiked, I'd get a used PR Reissue.  They can be had
for under $600 (often for $500) and are pretty solid for harp
unmodded.  By the time you get two VHT's, something to connect the
two, and mess around with tubes and speakers, it would be close to
$500.

Personally, if I were spending $500, I'd want something like the
PR...One amp, less setup, more power, and more volume.  Two VHT's
would sound awesome, though.  I just don't think they'd be as loud as
a single PRRI, which can be loud.  I remember trying one and not
getting it past 3 in a room for about 75 people unmiked.  It blew my
VibroChamp away in every way.