Re: [Harp-L] Poor presentations of harmonica how to videos

captron100@xxxxxxx wrote:
<Richard wrote: I run my Zoom H4 in parallel with the camera when I do a video, and I use Windows Movie Maker <(which is bundled free with Windows) to sync up the sound
<
<Richard, let me see if i understand - when you are recording yourself, you use a separate recording device (the <Zoom H4)to capture the sound because good sound is hard to capture on the camcorder itself. Then later when you <are making the video, you sync the sound (edit it in)to the video using Windows Movie Maker.
<While u are recording, do you need to plug the Zoom into your camera?  Or do u plug your Zoom into the camera or <computer only when you are actually making the YouTube video? Any advice will be appreciated.
<I assume that the newer version of Movie Maker, Live Movie Maker, will also work?

I run the H4 and the camera completely independently while recording.  This allows me to position each separately for the best possible audio and video.  (The best audio is usually obtained by putting the H4 right in front of the sound source, in most cases my amp; that's not a good place to put the camera in most cases.)

When recording is done, I download the audio and video from their respective devices into the computer.  Then I sync them up with Window Movie Maker as described.

I guess Live Movie Maker is the Windows 7 descendant of Windows Movie Maker?  I've never seen it.  Microsoft doesn't always improve its products over time (look what they did to Works, which at one time was a perfectly usable spreadsheet and word processor program), so I can't take it for granted that it's as easy to use and powerful as Movie Maker.  Good luck!

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick