[Harp-L] Blu-Tack and Solder WAS: Optimized Blues Tuning

> Richard Hunter wrote:
> The only lack I see in this approach is that you can't tune the pitch of a
> reed up using Blu-Tack--only down.  But I suppose that applies to solder,
> too.

Solder does raise pitch when applied near the rivet, but reed response is
sluggish. I don't care for the sound of reeds I've done this way, so I
simply plan to LOWER the set around what I need. I do raise a 1/2 step by
scraping the tip.

I'm encouraged about the use of Blu-Tack. I'll go try it. Stable and
relatively permanent until removed, huh? BTW, there are 6 brands of
"adhesive putty" found on Google Shopping for a buck each. Same stuff?

Robert Hale
Learn Harmonica by Webcam
Low Rates, High Success
http://www.youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL <http://www.youtube.com/user/DUKEofWAIL>