[Harp-L] Re: Harrison Harmonicas

Along this line, I'm still waiting for two harmonicas that I ordered from an
at-one-time highly regarded harp customizer who was on this list. I don't
know if he still is, I doubt it.

I had bought one of his harps and received it and liked it, so I ordered two
more. That was at least 5 years ago, and I've never had a response to phone
and e-mail inquiries. Two or 3 years ago, I gave up trying. Last time I
looked, his Web site was still up, but he wasn't responding to inquiries. I
heard through a third party that he'd crashed and burned because of health
and substance abuse issues.

It's an old story: Let the buyer beware ... especially in these days of Web
business. I've written off the $200 or so that I invested in what turned
into imaginary harps.

I have to say, though, that other customizers I have dealt with, including
Harrison, have been excellent in their dealings. I ordered a B Radical early
on, then chickened out because I couldn't afford it. I got a quick refund
and they let me keep the coffee mug they'd sent me. I can understand how
business investment and other problems can lead to nonfulfillment of orders,
but I sympathize with those who are still waiting for some word. It appears
Brad is trying to be honest and let people know what's going on ... more
than I can say for the guy I mentioned above.

Harpy Webtrails, Bob Loomis