[Harp-L] Youtube question

I've recently posted some new videos to YouTube, (I'm not quite ready to
share the links yet, I want to clean up the titles) and I've gotten an email
extolling their virtues and telling me about how I can get more subs.  It
looks like spam to me, but can anyone tell me why I would want more folks to
subscribe to my YouTube channel?  I don't get paid by them per view or
anything like that, so I don't see what the deal is.  If I was selling
something, like my cd (oh, there's a dream, but more likely than my writing
a book), or looking for gigs. I could see it as a promotional tool, but I'm
just an intermediate amateur using it to share with my friends and family.
Am I missing something?

Bruce K Ritter

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely
word may level stress, a loving word may heal and bless.