RE: [Harp-L] asking to sit in

Funny story. Very unusual way to sit in:

In 1986 I was touring with David Allen Coe and we did 16 shows with "The Great American Bash" wrestling shows. Waylon and George Jones were also doing some of the shows. This was Dusty Rhodes over the 'good' guys' and Rick Flare over the 'bad'.

One night the whole band minus David went with a few of the wrestlers to some big club. Magnum TA and a couple of the other wrestlers walked in with us and they walked straight to the stage and told the band to "get down, our guys are gonna play". Well by then just about the whole place went silent and the band got down!

We played blues for about an hour and the whole thing turned into a wild party. We let some folks up to jam with us. The 'after' party was wild. I had some of the best moonshine I have ever had. They called it Peach Brandy. I had a gal that was going back to the hotel with me. I remember them picking me up in the parking lot and putting me and a couple others in the back of a station wagon and the next thing I knew we were at the motel. That's all I remember.

Very unusual night but I'll never forget it!

Buck