Re: [Harp-L] Last Waltz outtake

"I've always wondered why Caldonia is on the OST but not on the film itself."

Levon Helm has a great story in his bio about how they tried to yank Muddy out of the lineup for the Last Waltz and some key individuals (including Levon) said they would boycott and refused to allow it. He talks about how Muddy was kind of disrespected as well, there was only one camera running for his performance rather than the scores of them with different angles, etc that the other artists had. If that camera had failed, we'd have no Muddy and the rendition of Mannish Boy that did make the film was amazing to me. I was very happy to see this cut, another with Butter on harp!

Bill Hines