[Harp-L] Asking to sit in

This has been discussed at length years ago on the list and as I recall the consensus was that you should never, never, EVER, ask to sit in. The end result suggested to introduce yourself to the band during the break , complement them and let them know you're a harp player. If they decide to call you up later that will be their choice and no one will be embarrassed and you won't put them in a position to say NO!

I've used this technique many times and have been very successful. You get a lot more respect by NOT asking to sit in. If all the stars align you're in.

Paul
If You Love the Blues
Honk Your Hohner