Re: [Harp-L] Harpin with Randy (Newman) that is,-)

Thank You Emile & Jerome,

Yes, I agree arranger's need to write more for the Harmonica so maybe this will help give them a few ideas,-)

This was pretty 'off the cuff', I had a copy of the sketch score on my music stand but we had to arrange it on the spot and they didn't want to use music stands so we had to quickly memorize our lines....amazing how fast you can work under pressure,-)

I've been transferring over old footage this week so I'm havin' fun looking at things I did a long time ago....here are a few NY TV commercials:

Here is a FUNNY one and the producer had NO arrangement! It's basically a jam on an IKEA spot.
The Guitarist Hugh McCracken had some harps in his bag so we convince them that we should have a 'duelin harps' thing over the video and they loved it, it's totally wacky....you can here us trading back and forth...they wanted 'loose and sloppy' and we GAVE it to them!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPDZsBixbC8

This one is a WNBC promo spot, that had me go in and play on the soundtrack first, when I got home they called me on the phone and asked if I wanted to BE in the video they were shooting in Central Park. My buisness sense told me to ask, "What's it pay?" They said ."it doesn't pay but your freiends and family will love it!" You have to watch it closely as my two cameos go by pretty fast but I remember getting a phone call from my Aunt Mildred, that she "Loved it",-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4wCLc8pNqc

all the best, Rob Paparozzi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Emile Damico" <oatss_oatflakes@xxxxxxxxx>