From: Peter Madcat Ruth
Sender: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
To: Harp-l
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Feedback?
Sent: Apr 29, 2011 10:26 AM

Another approach to avoiding feedback is to get a harp mic with a lower output.
For decades I've been using a Shaker/Madcat Harmonica Microphone which has a much lower output than a bullet mic.
This is an advantage rather than a disadvantage.  With a lower output mic there is much less problem with feedback in any guitar amp and no need to change tubes in your amp to compensate for a hot mic.

Here is a video clip of me (with the Big Joe Manfra Blues Band) using a Shaker/Madcat Harmonica Microphone:

http://www.youtube.com/user/petermadcatruth#p/f/2/fWs9vNdTBfY

At one miniute and 8 seconds into the video I leaned into the speakers and got my mic 6 inches away from the speakers to get one little intentional squeek of feedback...

Peter Madcat Ruth
Musician - Grammy Award Winner
madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.madcatmusic.net