Re: [Harp-L] Feedback?

Yep, Joe, an amp that's not a screechin' guitar amp helps alot.  Some people
will never get this and just keep buying non harp friendly amps.  IOver and
over again they buy the gainy amps wanting to control feedback.  They don't
have to be custom made just harp friendly.
I know a guy who uses a very hot CM T3 with an 8' cord and no VC and stands
5' from his amp and he's heard.  I've sat in with it and I'm heard.   My
personal CM JT 30 and RCA w/ R7 Crystal has no volume control just like they
did 50 years ago.  No problem.  One just has to prepare for what they may
encounter....the right amp, mic to PA etc etc.  I like a nasty tone and I
wanna keep the mic and amp's tone and not run it through a myriad of pedals,
which from what I've heard via videos, is killing the midrange grind.
There's also alot of misinformation about changing preamp tubes as the thing
to do......Put AU7's in a Blues Jr and it still sounds like crap.    There
are amps when you lower gain it will just make the amp muddier and even
harder to hear.  I know because I have one with a high headroom Cathodyne PI
design...lets me turn the amp up to 7  standing less than 10' away.    I can
almost dime it with a 15' cord.  Hot 12AX7's sound best.  The HarpKing runs
12AX7's.

--
steve
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100000237341322