[Harp-L] chromatic/diatonic

In my  snarky comments about playing chromatically on a diatonic instrument
I mentioned jazz dulcimer.   Well I have to tell you that this guy:

http://chromaticdulcimer.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11:jazz-on-chromatic-mountain-dulcimer&catid=8:stephen-seifert&Itemid=8

should not be the butt of anyone's joke - instead I doff my virtual hat to
him.    If you're at all interested in playing jazz on an instrument where
its not supposed to be possible, check him out.  On  his lowly three-string
dulcimer he has beautifully documented an approach to learning jazz that is
unpretentious, admirable and inspirational.

And then, strictly for laughs, check out the lost Coltrane Penny Whistle
tapes:

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=11505