Re: [Harp-L] Diatonic/chromatic

Hi JR

No legato on the augmented tuned harp? I simply don't think there is a
significant legato deficiency when comparing solo or dimi to augy-tuned
chroms.

And chords? On the augmented tuned harp you can get simultaneous dyad
chord fragments for every chord except the diminished chord. This means
that you can play the root and third of a major chord or the third and
fifth of a minor chord as well as fifth and seventh of a major 7 chord.
You can also fake a minor third interval by playing the simultaneously
major third dyad and quickly following that with the minor third note
alone.

On the augy this palette of harmonic color is available in all keys.
Since when accompanying other instruments in a band situation one usually
does not need or even want more than a two note chord (There are few
useful three note chords on a solo-tuned harp and even less on a dimi-tuned
harp) I don't see two note chords as a limitation.

So what "looks good on paper" does work well in practice.

Cheers!