[Harp-L] SR40 Wireless Snap On for sale

   Bill wrote:

I remember something about the FAA recently changing the frequency bands
and the older wireless units operate in a band that is no longer
permissible and will be used for other things (hence increasing the
likelihood that it will interfere with the sound/operation of these
older units). Do you know if yours runs under the new frequency range
that is being used by wireless equipment for this purpose? I bought a
newer Samson Airline specifically because it does operate under the new
band. You might check before someone buys it and comes back at you upset about that.

 I just read the following on pg. 19 of Greg Heuman's excellent and informative treatise,"ALL ABOUT HARMONICA MICROPHONES
AND THEN SOME"(http://blowsmeaway.com/all%20about%20harmonica%20microphones.pdf):
Important to users in the United States: Under a new FCC rule, anyone who uses a
wireless microphone that operates in the 700 MHz Band, and that means almost every wireless
system sold prior to late 2009, must stop operating their wireless micro-phone no later than June
12, 2010. All users of 700 MHz Band wireless microphones (and similar devices)âincluding
theaters, churches, schools, conference centers, theme parks, and musiciansâwill need to retune
(where possible) or replace their wireless microphone equipment with other microphone devices
no later than June 12, 2010. This action helps complete an important component of the DTV
Transition by clearing the 700 MHz band to enable the rollout of communications services for
public safety and the deployment of next generation 4G wireless devices for consumers.
For further information, please visit the website at http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones

ron