[Harp-L] re: SR40 Snap On

Here is a post that I found that pertains to the issue of  the legality of this unit.

DON'T BE SCAMMED INTO HAVING TO BUY A NEW DIGITAL WIRELESS MICROPHONE!!!!!! my review on akg UHF wireless microphones sr80 sr40 ht80 ht40 lavaliere handheld mic microphones mobile dj disc jockey dj service disco party dj does anyone know specifically about the wireless microphone conversion? mic companies are offering a rebate to trade in your uhf mics for new digital ones.of course these rebates come from the government, and i assume its just a legal thing, mic companies are simply no longer legally allowed to make uhf mics in the 700mhz range anymore. so they give these coupons out, so people will just buy new mics WHEN THEY DON'T NEED TO. your mics should still work (just technically it wont be legal for professional purposes) djs are private! since you have the transmitter and the receiver as well. (unlike with a television) ALL WIRELESS MICS SHOULD STILL WORK! DON'T BE SCAMMED INTO HAVING TO BUY A NEW WIRELESS MICROPHONE!!!!!!

anyway, it works just fine. I have never had an interference issue and I don't suspect anyone else will either.

It is my understanding that the government is just saying that companies can no longer make and sell them.