Re: [Harp-L] Diatonic/chromatic

I am primarily a guitarist, and so chromaticity is a given. I addressed
playing in all 12 keys long ago.
I started putting lots of time into harmonica when it became a requirement
for my performance--I started playing with a band that wanted me to play
harp in the rack, and since it was in front of me, I gave it attention.
In cross harp, the blue third in the second octave is an overblow--if you
want that note, you have to OB 6. If I valved, I could get it as a draw
bend--would it be better? It would be different . . .
Levy also draw bends with great accuracy, that gets talked about less.
Mostly I just retune, and use altered tunings to get chromaticity. And then
there is the chromatic harmonica . . . some people sound very good (even
bluesy) with that. I find chromatic to make more sense with jazz--Giant
Steps, Killer Joe, Ipanema, So What?