[Harp-L] Younger players and SPAH

Several younger players have written to harp-L to advise that they'd love to attend SPAH but can't because of the expense and travel involved. Valid points, especially for very young players, who would probably have to travel with a parent or two, increasing the expense.

It's great that these folks have so much interest.  I wonder if a way can be found to bring SPAH to them--either live via webcast technology, or after the fact via audio or video of the proceedings?

I can imagine SPAH parties in cities all over the world, where harp players unable to travel to the event could hang out and see/hear what's happening in real time.

Maybe not this year.  But I'm sure it's technically feasible, given sufficient funding. Did someone say "grant money"?

Thanks, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick